Management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) has temporarily suspended the Self-Placement for Qualified Candidates under the Computerized School Selection and Placement Scheme( CSSPS).
This option enables qualified candidates of the Basic Education Certificate Examination ( BECE) who have not been placed in their chosen Senior High School( SHS) to choose a school for themselves by logging onto a given website.
But in a letter signed by Cassandra Twum Ampofo on Wednesday and sighted by MyNewsGh.com, stated that it has suspended the module in order to update the schools and programs available for candidates. The letter adds that the module will be available later today Thursday, 12th September 2019.
Many candidates and parents had complained above challenges in accessing and using the module since the GES released placements earlier this week.
Self-Placement for Qualified Candidates Temporarily Suspended – Free SHS
Read the GES letter below:
SHS Placement Solution Centers Across Ghana
If you are having issues with your SHS Placement, you can go for assisted placement at the ten (10) solution centers set up across the country.
- Accra – Independence square
- Volta Region and Oti Region – Mawuli Senior High School
- Ashanti Region – Kumasi Technical Institute
- Brong Ahafo Region and Bono East Region – GES regional office in Sunyani
- Western Region and Western North – GES regional office in Takoradi
- Central Region – GES regional office in Cape Coast
- Eastern Region – GES regional office in Koforidua
- Upper West Region – GES regional office in Wa
- Upper East Region – GES regional office in Bolgatanga
- Northern Region, North East and Savanna Region – GES regional office in Tamale