Applications are invited by the University College London (UCL) from international students for the Access Opportunity Scholarship 2019/2020 academic year.
UCL is pleased to announce for 2019/2020 academic year: the Access Opportunity Scholarship. The intention of the Access Opportunity Scholarship is to support those, who because of their immigration status are not able to secure student loans for their higher education.
University College London Access Opportunity Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants for the Access Opportunity Scholarship must be:
- Holding an offer of a place on a UCL undergraduate programme and;
- Asylum seekers, children of asylum seekers or unaccompanied asylum-seeking children who are seeking asylum in the UK OR forced migrants who are based in the UK and have been granted a temporary form of leave as the result of an asylum application or human rights application (e.g. limited leave to remain, discretionary leave to remain, humanitarian protection) and;
- Unable to access student finance (tuition fee or maintenance loan) because of immigration status.
Selection Criteria: We will consider your financial situation, residency and academic merit and you will need to demonstrate these in your application.
Eligible Countries: Asylum seekers, children of asylum seekers, or unaccompanied asylum-seeking children.
Value and Duration of Award
- The Access Opportunity Scholarship will consist of tuition fees and a living allowance of £11,000 per year for the normal duration of your programme at UCL.
- Annual renewal of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
How to Apply for University College London Access Opportunity Scholarship
- Download Application Form
- Download Reference Form
- Complete applications and supporting documentation should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
For more information, visit the University College London Access Opportunity Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 5th July 2019 at 5pm (UK time).