University of Ghana Call For Applications For Scholarships Under The Governing Climate Mobility 2019. Call for Applications for Scholarships Under the Governing Climate Mobility Project at the University of Ghana
University of Ghana Call For Applications For Scholarships Under The Governing Climate Mobility 2019
The ‘Governing Climate Mobility’ Research team at the University of Ghana is pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for two PhD positions, as part of the project which aims to explore how governance contexts influence mobility options and decisions in areas affected by climate change. Under this project, quantitative and qualitative methods will be employed to examine how differing governance contexts, local and national, affect adaptive climate mobility in the Upper West Region of Ghana.
- Hold a master’s degree in any discipline related to Geography, Migration Studies, Climate Change, Anthropology, Political Science, or the social sciences and humanities broadly.
- Meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements, and have applied for admission to the University of Ghana for the 2019/2020 academic year. Awarding of the scholarship is subject to gaining of admission to the University of Ghana.
- Be highly motivated to pursue doctoral studies according to the approved study plan.
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, preferably at the Centre for Migration Studies and the Department of Geography and Resource Development, and covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Full research costs towards PhD thesis
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Ghana
- Research Proposal that outlines the research problem and how it will be investigated through more specific research questions.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two references which should be emailed directly by the referees to the above email addresses.
- Evidence of submission of University of Ghana application for admission into relevant postgraduate programme.
Deadline for application: 8th August, 2019
Selection interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews
For more information on the scholarship, please contact any of the following project team members: Professor Joseph Teye ([email protected] or [email protected]); Dr. Francis Jarawura ([email protected]).