BECE Results 2019: How to check your BECE Results 2019 using the BECE Result Checker, BECE School Placement and BECE Grading System 2019.
How To Check Your BECE Results Online – BECE Result Checker
- 1 How To Check Your BECE Results Online – BECE Result Checker
- 2 How To Check Your BECE Results Online and Buy Results Checker Card
- 3 BECE Placement Checker – BECE School Placement
- 4 BECE Results – Basic Education Certificate Examination Results
- 5 1. Introduction
- 6 2. Eligibility
- 7 3. Date of Examination
- 8 4. Entry Period and Documents
- 9 5. Subjects for the Examination
- 10 6. BECE Grading System
- 11 7. Release of BECE Results
- 12 8. BECE Placement
- 13 9. Review Of Scripts
- 14 10. Certificates
- 15 11. Confirmation of Results
- 16 BECE Contacts
- Visit the BECE Result Checker Online Portal via the link below: http://ghana.waecdirect.org
- Enter your Index Number.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. BECE May/June).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2003.
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
How To Check Your BECE Results Online and Buy Results Checker Card
- Log on to http://ghana.waecdirect.org
- Click on the You can buy your Results Checker Card HERE banner
- You will have options to pay with:
- Visa Card
- Airtel Money
- Fill the Payee’s Name and Payee’s Email Address (WAEC will send details of the Results Checker Card to your email)
- For the MasterCard and Visa Card, select and enter your card details
- For Airtel Money, enter your Airtel number to confirm payment
- The Results Checker Card details (PIN and SERIAL NUMBER) will be shown on the screen and sent to your email after payment is confirmed.
- Go back to www.ghanawaecdirect.org and fill the details on the RESULT CHECKER with your index number, PIN and SERIAL NUMBER.
- Click ‘Submit’ and done, your results pop up on your screen.
NB: The procedure can be followed on a mobile browser or desktop browser.
BECE Placement Checker – BECE School Placement
To receive details of your school placement: Text your index number + year of completion to short code 1060.
For instance, if you completed your exams in 2012 and your index number is 12345678910, text 1234567891012 to short code 1060 on all networks.
NOTE: Do not leave a space between the index number and the year the exam was written
Do not also type the full year as in . type 
BECE Results – Basic Education Certificate Examination Results
This examination is both for certification and selection to Senior High Schools and Technical Institutions.
Candidates in the third year of Junior High Schools approved by the Ghana Education Service are eligible to take part in this examination.
3. Date of Examination
The examination is conducted nationwide in June each year.
4. Entry Period and Documents
The entry period is October/November each year and it normally takes six weeks. Participating Schools upload their Statement of Entries and School Choice Files on the internet for processing. Continuous Assessment Scores are however submitted on CD’s to the Council
5. Subjects for the Examination
The following are the subjects for the Basic Education Certificate Examination:
- English Language
- Ghanaian Language and Culture
- Social Studies
- Integrated Science
- Basic Design and Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- French (optional)
- Religious and Moral Education
6. BECE Grading System
Candidates are graded based on performance in the external examination (objective and written) and Continuous (Internal) Assessment marks provided by the schools. A nine-point scale is used in grading the candidates with Grade 1 denoting the highest performance and Grade 9 the lowest.
7. Release of BECE Results
The results of the examination are released in August to enable successful and qualified candidates enter Senior High Schools and Technical Institutes at the beginning of the academic year in September. The results lists are sent to the participating schools, whilst each candidate receives a statement of results through his/her school.
8. BECE Placement
Candidates are selected to Senior High Schools by the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS).
9. Review Of Scripts
Scripts are kept for three months after the release of results before they are finally destroyed. During this time, review of scripts for a fee is allowed and this is done at the instance of the Head of school or an accredited representative of the school since the Basic Education Certificate Examination is a school-based examination. The Council by policy does not undertake review of scripts at the instance of candidates, parents, guardians or persons claiming to act “in loco parentis”.
Certificates for successful candidates are produced within a month after results are released. They are sent to the schools for collection by individual candidates. Certificates are produced once, and so certificates which get lost or damaged after collection are not replaced.
11. Confirmation of Results
Candidates who lose their certificates may confirm their results to prospective employers and educational institutions.
All enquiries about the Basic Education Certificate Examination may be directed to the Deputy Registrar/ Controller, National Examinations Administration Department on telephone numbers,
(233) 302-208201-9 or [email protected] .org