A lot of candidates who participated in the 2020 WAEC BECE examination have asked when is the BECE 2020 result coming out? This very particular for candidates who are seeking placement into the Senior High Schools (SHS).
Considering the fact, candidates are expected to apply for school placement once the BECE result is out. It is pertinent to know the exact date that the BECE result will be released online.
However, once the results have been released, candidates are expected to meet the SHS selection conditions for school placement. That being said, we’re going to show you the time that you should expect your BECE result to be out.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has officially announced that the BECE results will be released 45 days after the examination. From our calculations, it means that the 2020 WAEC result will be released in the month of August 2020.
The good news is that every candidate who took part in the BECE examination will see their result before the SHS re-opening date for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Importantly, I recommend that you check the SHS School Selection List before applying for school placement. This will give you a general overview of all the schools in Ghana and their categories.
How to Check BECE 2020 Result With A Scratch Card
Having said that, we have put together a complete guide on how to check WAEC BECE result online.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has really put in a lot of effort to reduce the waiting days for the released of its BECE result to 45 days as against the usual 60 to 90 days.
I personally believe this is to aid candidates who are waiting for their placement result to gain admission into Senior High Schools (SHS).
- First: Open an Internet Browser (like Google Chrome).
- Second: in the address bar type ” ghana.waecdirect.org”.
(this is a waec result checker ghana online portal)
- Third: In the Main Menu Find “Result” Under it Clicks “Result Checker”.
- Fourth: A Result Checker form will open
Enter your examination information
- Fifth: Enter Index Number:” ______”
- Sixth: Select Examination Type from the list:” BECE”
- Seven: Select Examination Year: “2019”
- Eight: Enter Date Of Birth (WASSCE (PRIVATE) results only!)
Enter your card security information
- Ninth: Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Tenth: Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card eg. 012345678912.
Confirm your examination information
- Eleventh: Enter Your Index Number:” _____”
- Twelfth: Select Examination Year: As ”2019?
- Final Step: Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.