On many occasions, you would have heard someone say something like, WAEC Withholds Results, WAEC seized my result or withheld some of my subjects’. It is very common. Now, have you ever asked why WAEC seizes result? It’s due to three major reasons and they include.
Why Waec Withholds Results: Waec Explains Reasons for Withheld Results
2. errors while filling your WAEC details and
3. Errors on the part of WAEC. Error on the part of WAEC could be missing script.
The West African Examination Council, WAEC, on its twitter handle has stated reasons for withholding the results of some candidates.
According to WAEC, those in that category violated the rules and regulations guiding the examination process.
For candidates with “outstanding” results, the exam body said it only means the results are pending because of errors made by candidates.
It said the results will be released after being corrected.
While those whose results are ‘held’ are advised to wait until November when the Nation Executive Council will meet to decide whether the results would be released or not.
“’Held’ means candidates violated the rules & regulations guiding the conduct of our examination. NEC will meet to decide on that in November.
“’Outstanding’ means pending. Errors made by candidates during registration and or examination are being corrected and results will be released”, the board explained.
See Reasons Why Your Nov/Dec WAEC Result Was Withheld
As the Nov/Dec WAEC Examination comes to an end and the May/June WAEC candidate who are yet to see their result which was withheld due to reasons unknown to them, we decided to conduct a little research and we have short-listed some possible causes and also ways to ensure your result is released as at when due.
1) Double handwriting: a little notice of any change in your Answer booklet is an automatic violation of the rule laid by waec. Never give your Answer booklet to anyone to assist you to write anything and you should also ensure to maintain the
same pattern of handwriting to save your self from trouble.
2) Rude behaviour and good conduct: many candidate result was withheld for lack of good conduct and behaviour. No student, teacher have the right to behave rude to any official staff of the exam body. The staff should be respected in all ramifications. A single look at your exam registration number may lead to problem if you offend any of the exam official.
3) Mass cheating and impersonation: impersonation is very common in internal exam and if it was discovered that someone was present in your absent, you may never see your result Again.
4) Copy Paste: one of the rules that govern the exam body clearly frown at the habit of partnership in examination. It’s not advisable to copy from the person sitting close or far away from you.
Writing this same word and answer may lead to serious problem and may result to withheld the result.
5) Cheating: cheating in the exam hall is the biggest offence any student can commit. Any candidate that is caught with an authorised material in the exam hall will definitely rewrite the exam.
It’s against the rule and cheat is greatly condemn. Cheating may lead to partial or complete cancellation of result. Stay Away from cheating.
6) Centres Known Misconduct: Some centres have always been known for mass cheating and this centres have been marked by Waec. Any centre indulge in the habit of Mass cheating is likely to be hammer by the exam body. About 70% or 100% of the student may have their result withhold
We at websaet.com wishes all Nov/Dec Candidate ‘Success’ as they await their result and we are hopeful the May/June Waec Withheld result will be released before December