BECE School Selection List; The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Ghana will release the 2019 BECE Examination Results – Students that wrote the exams are to follow the procedures below to check your Result on WAEC BECE Portal.
How to Check BECE Result Online
- 1 How to Check BECE Result Online
- 2 BECE FOR SCHOOL CANDIDATES OVERVIEW
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Eligibility
- 2.3 BECE Date of Examination
- 2.4 Entry for the Examination
- 2.5 BECE Subjects for the Examination
- 2.6 BECE Grading of Candidates
- 2.7 BECE Release of Results
- 2.8 BECE Selection of Candidates to Senior High School
- 2.9 Review of Scripts
- 2.10 BECE Certificates
- 2.11 Confirmation of Results
- 2.12 Attestation of Results
- 2.13 Further information/Enquires
- Visit: https://ghana.waecdirect.org/
- Enter your Index Number.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2018.
- Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
BECE FOR SCHOOL CANDIDATES OVERVIEW
BECE School Selection List; This examination is both for certification and selection into Senior High Schools and Technical Institutes in Ghana. The results of the examination is based on Continuous Assessment and the external examination. The Continuous Assessment forms 30% whilst the external examination forms 70% of the total assessment.
Candidates in the third year of Junior High Schools approved by the Ghana Education Service are eligible to register to take part in this examination.
The examination is conducted nationwide in June each year.
Entry for the Examination
Registration for the examination is done electronically in October/November each year. Statement of Entries, CDs together with the registration fees should reach the appropriate Office of the Council by specified dates that will be determined by the Council from year to year.
BECE Subjects for the Examination
The following are the subjects available to candidates:
- English Language
- Ghanaian Language and Culture
- Social Studies
- Integrated Science
- Basic Design and Technology
- Religious & Moral Education
- Information and Communications Technology
- French (optional)
BECE Grading of Candidates
Candidates are graded based on their performance in the external examination (objective and written) and Continuous (Internal) Assessment marks provided by the schools. A nine-point numerical scale is used in grading the candidates with Grade 1 denoting the highest performance and Grade 9 the lowest
BECE Release of Results
The results of the examination are released in August to enable successful and qualified candidates enter Senior High Schools and Technical Institutes at the beginning of the academic year. The results lists are sent to the participating schools, whilst each candidate receives a statement of results through his/her school. Candidates can also check their results online with an access card at www.waecgh.org.
BECE Selection of Candidates to Senior High School
Candidates are selected to Senior High Schools by the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS).
Review of Scripts
Scripts are kept for three months after release of results before they are finally destroyed. During this time, review of scripts for a fee is allowed and this is done at the instance of the Head of school or an accredited representative of the school since the Basic Education Certificate Examination is a school-based examination. The Council by policy does not undertake review of scripts at the instance of candidates, parents, guardians, or persons claiming to act “in loco parentis”
BECE Certificates are sent to the schools for collection by individual candidates. Certificates are produced once, and so certificates which get lost or damaged after collection are not replaced.
Confirmation of Results
Candidates who lose their certificates may confirm their results to prospective employers and educational institutions
Attestation of Results
Candidates who lose their certificates may also request for attestation of their results.
All enquiries about the Basic Education Certificate Examination may be directed to the Deputy Registrar/ Controller, National Examinations Administration Department on telephone numbers,